Associate Director, Scientist at Cairn Biosciences, Inc, France
Computer Scientist - Machine Learning & Image Analysis at Cairn Biosciences
Cairn Biosciences is developing next-generation therapeutics that address significant challenges in the treatment of serious diseases. Cairn’s drug discovery engine addresses the profound unmet need for new tools to decipher cellular complexity and enable scalable discovery of groundbreaking therapies. Our platform encompasses cutting-edge advances in microfluidics, synthetic biology-enabled high-throughput screening and induced pluripotent stem cell-based modeling. Our proprietary approach enables us to monitor multiple dynamic facets of previously inaccessible biology in live cells and fast-track the discovery of a pipeline of drugs for a wide range of indications with an initial focus on cancer.
We are seeking an innovative and goal-oriented Computer Scientist to become a foundational member of Cairn’s Analytics team which will be based in Paris, France. The ideal candidate will have deep, hands-on expertise in image and data analysis to lead the development of computer vision and machine learning methods for quantitative microscopy and image-based screening in cellular models of human disease. The successful candidate will be motivated to develop and productionize new machine learning-based image analysis methods and software tools to analyze large-scale microscopy datasets.
● Support building and establishing Cairn’s analytics research team in Paris including defining analytics platform priorities and resourcing; set and maintain a culture of excellence in hiring, modeling, coding and process.
● Structure, design, and implement a machine-learning and computer vision-enabled analysis platform to extract novel insights from Cairn’s drug discovery engine and assume accountability for all machine learning models and analysis platform output.
● Work closely with experimental biologists to analyze large-scale microscopy datasets to reach robust biological conclusions that inform Cairn’s drug development priorities.
● Direct and oversee long term research projects, along with short-term production-driven model iterations both in collaboration with other analytics team members and in cross-functional partnership with R&D scientists in Cairn’s broader organization.
● Presentation (verbal and written) in English of findings, contributions to internal reports, invention disclosures and external publications and conference presentations.
● PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computer Science or related technical fields with 2+ years of experience or Master’s degree with 5+ years of experience; drug discovery industry experience with management of direct reports is a plus.
● Demonstrated ability and interest in applying state-of-the-art techniques in computer vision and/or machine learning to problems of biological interest as evidenced by publications and/or a proven track record of leading machine learning teams to produce models for use in scalable approaches that reveal new biology would be ideal.
● Comprehensive knowledge of modern and leading edge machine learning tools and techniques including deep learning expertise with hands-on experience implementing, extending and debugging computer vision and/or machine learning-enabled models in addition to familiarity with associated high-performance computing requirements. Experience designing and building high-leverage data infrastructure and tools is highly desirable.
● Familiarity with microscopy and/or understanding of microscopy principles is required with experience of high throughput and/or high content screening datasets preferred. A strong background in cell biology would be an advantage.
● Exceptional communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills that promote a goal-oriented work culture while fostering an environment of scientific rigor and curiosity. Strong ability to communicate computational methodology and outcomes to other experts and multidisciplinary collaborators with biology and technology backgrounds.
● Creativity and the ability to lead by example as a member of a dynamic, fast-paced interdisciplinary team to achieve technical and corporate milestones.
● Current authorization to work in France
● Good verbal and written communications in English.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest and experience to email@example.com. Cairn Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Note to employment agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes; Cairn Biosciences will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.